As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop in North America, Hempel recognizes the importance of continuing to serve you reliably and safely during this difficult time. Limiting the impact of the virus is a key priority for us, so we can continue to serve our customers and work with our suppliers and partners in the best possible way.
Our thoughts are with those who have been personally impacted. In lieu of the public health imperative facing us, Hempel has global and regional teams closely monitoring the situation, following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local, state and federal governmental agencies, to quickly assess and take appropriate precautions.
Please take comfort in knowing that we are pursuing the following actions to ensure business continuity:
- Our customer care, production, R&D and distribution facilities continue to operate with enhanced precautions, separated shifts and thorough cleaning and sanitization of spaces and high touch surfaces. We have put several measures in place to protect our employees with the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as separation of people during shifts and within workspaces.
- As of today, we can manufacture and deliver our products according to plan and within regular lead times. We are proactively speaking with our suppliers, logistics partners and distributors to ensure we continue to have the ability to produce and supply our coatings products. We are seeking assurances and understanding the potential for disruptions in our supply chain. We are also working on finding alternatives for raw materials coming from high-risk areas both regionally and globally.
- We have instructed all office employees to work from home until further notice to help minimize the number of people in our facilities and to promote social distancing. We have ensured our IT networks and infrastructure are ready to support our business as we move to a remote operating model.
- We have cancelled all international travel and have significantly reduced all domestic travel in North America. We continue to monitor hot spots and will determine on a case-by-case basis which travel is absolutely necessary. We will promote the use of alternatives, wherever possible, such as video conferences, Skype or phone calls, instead of personal visits.
- We have temporarily instituted a no-visitor policy at our offices and have rescheduled or temporarily postponed in-person meetings, trainings and conferences at our locations. Again, where possible, we will promote the use of virtual attendance.
We will continue to keep you informed of any developments regarding this situation. We are committed to the health and well-being of our customers, employees and partners. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-833-4HEMPEL (43-6735)
Hempel is grateful for your loyalty and trust during this time of extra care and concern.
Vice President, Hempel North America
For further information, please contact:
Marsha Parker, Marketing Communication Manager.